Plymouth Attorney Helping Clients Stop Debt Collector Harassment
Are creditors constantly calling you? Are you receiving countless letters and emails from debt collectors? If so, it’s important to stay calm and remember that help is available. You have rights, and Benner Law will help you protect them.
If debt collectors are harassing you, contact Benner Law as soon as possible to discuss your case. We are passionate about protecting our clients from aggressive debt collectors.
What Are Massachusett’s Fair Debt Collection Laws?
There are both federal and state laws that outline what debt collectors can and cannot do. In Massachusetts, the law prohibits debt collectors from:
- Contacting you directly if they know you are represented by an attorney
- Calling you at home more than two times per debt in a seven-day period
- Calling you at another place, such as your work, more than two times per debt in a 30-day period
- Contacting you at work after you have asked them to not call you there
- Calling you without telling you who they are
- Calling you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Making any false or misleading statements regarding your debts
- Trying to collect any amount that has not been authorized
- Making false threats
- Using inappropriate language
- Causing you to incur expenses, such as making a long-distance call to you
- Talking to others about your debt without your consent
- Visiting you at home before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Visiting you more than once per debt within 30 days unless you have authorized additional visits
If a debt collector violates one of these rules, you must seek legal representation to fight back. Let Benner Law aggressively fight to hold debt collectors accountable.
How Can a Debt Collector Harassment Attorney Help?
Don’t let a debt collector harass you. If a debt collector is violating your rights, contact us right away. We have helped countless clients take legal action against debt collectors that have violated state or federal fair debt collection laws. If a debt collector has violated one of these laws, we may be able to help you recover compensation.
Furthermore, Benner Law can communicate directly with the debt collector on your behalf. We will work tirelessly to help you negotiate a settlement or payment plan so you can get rid of this debt once and for all. With our help, clients can finally wipe their financial slates clean and start anew.
Schedule A No-Cost Consultation With Benner Law
Are debt collectors harassing you? If so, seek legal representation from a skilled debt collector harassment attorney as soon as possible. At Benner Law, we understand how stressful it is to receive countless phone calls, letters, and emails from debt collectors. No one should have to live with this stress. Let us help you protect your rights and put an end to debt collector harassment. Schedule your free consultation with us by calling 774-404-8321 today.