Braintree Bankruptcy Attorney Helping Resolve Tough Financial Challenges
Are you struggling financially? Filing for bankruptcy may sound like a drastic measure, but in reality, it may be the best way for you to overcome your financial difficulties.
During a time like this, it’s important to seek legal advice and guidance from the experienced bankruptcy attorney at Benner Law. Let us review your financial situation to determine if filing for bankruptcy is the right option for you.
Give us a call at (781) 664-9223 to discuss your financial situation today. If you’re ready to get a fresh financial start, our attorneys are ready to help.
What Types of Cases Do We Handle?
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, your non-exempt assets will be liquidated, and the proceeds will be distributed to your creditors. This will provide you with a fresh start.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: If you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can make monthly payments on your debts over a period of 3 to 5 years. Then, most of the remaining debt will be discharged after this period is over.
- Debt Relief: If you are drowning in debt, we can help you explore various debt relief options, including debt settlement, debt consolidation, and more.
- Asset Protection: We can help protect your assets from creditors who have obtained a court judgment against you.
- Credit Card Debt Relief: If you have credit card debt, our attorneys can help you find relief through debt settlement, debt consolidation, or other options.
- Debt Collector Harassment: Are debt collectors harassing you? Do they follow the rules? If they don’t, you can stop them.
- Debt Negotiation: It may be possible to negotiate with your creditors to reduce your debts. An attorney can aggressively negotiate with your creditors on your behalf.
- IRS Relief: Do you owe a lot of money to the IRS? The IRS offers several different options to people who are struggling to pay the money they owe.
- IRS Tax Settlement: If you can’t pay the full amount you owe to the IRS, we can help you reach a favorable settlement.
- Lien Release: If there is a lien on your property, our attorney can help you find a way to get it released.
- Loan Modification: A loan modification involves a change to the original conditions of the loan. This change might include lower payments and/or a longer payment period.
- Repossession: If someone who has financed a car falls behind on their payments, the lender might repossess the car. If you are at risk of losing your vehicle, we can help you fight to protect this important asset.
- Tax Penalty Relief: The IRS has introduced a new penalty abatement program to provide relief from penalties people may have incurred because they did not file or pay their taxes on time.
- Wage Garnishment: The courts may allow creditors to garnish your wages, which means they would be able to take a portion of every paycheck.
How Does Bankruptcy Actually Work?
If you file for bankruptcy, the “automatic stay” will immediately go into effect. This means that debt collectors can no longer contact you or try to collect from you until the automatic stay has been lifted. It also means that your wages can no longer be garnished. In fact, all collection activities will temporarily stop.
The next steps in the bankruptcy proceedings will vary depending on whether you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the court will require you to liquidate all non-exempt assets and use the proceeds to pay your creditors. Most of the remaining debts will be discharged at the end of your case.
If you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the court will ask you to create a repayment plan that outlines how you will make monthly payments to your creditors over the course of the next 3 to 5 years. If the plan is approved, you will be required to comply with the terms and make all necessary payments. At the end of the 3 to 5 years, most of your remaining debts will be discharged.
Is Bankruptcy Right For You?
Filing for bankruptcy should be seen as a last resort. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, it’s important to discuss your situation with an attorney first. Let us review your financial situation and help you understand all of your options. If bankruptcy is right for you, we will guide you through the proceedings and help you get the fresh financial start that you deserve.
What Are the Drawbacks of Filing for Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy can help those who are in serious financial trouble, but of course, there are some drawbacks as well. First, you could lose some of your assets if you choose to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. However, this could be a small price to pay in exchange for getting most of your debts discharged.
Bankruptcy can also have a negative impact on your credit score. This is one of the biggest drawbacks since a low credit score can make it hard to secure new loans in the future. But over time, it is possible to rebuild your credit score and obtain new lines of credit.
Book A Free Strategy Session With Your Braintree Bankruptcy Attorney Today
You’re in deep financial trouble and in need of help. You’re being hounded by creditors, threatened with garnishment of your wages, and worse. If you’re in this situation, it’s time to turn to Benner Law for help. We have helped countless clients get through challenging situations like this, and we’re ready to help you, too. Just pick up the phone and dial (781) 664-9223. If you’re in Braintree, we have an office in town where we can meet with you and look at your options.
Filing for bankruptcy is scary, but in some cases, it can actually be the smartest decision you’ve ever made. We’re passionate about helping you and your family reclaim your peace of mind. You can fill out the form on this website or simply call us to schedule a free strategy session.